The PTA raffle draw took place at the PTC meeting on Tuesday 23rd May and the prize winners are listed below. The school office will contact winners and prizes can be collected from the office. Grateful thanks to everyone who contributed prizes and bought and sold tickets on behalf of the PTA. The sum of £750.00 was raised.
£100 cash prize from Just In I.T company – N Kristoffersen
4 ball golf voucher from Newbattle Golf Club – G Brood
10″ 8GB tablet donated by Tesco – Roxburgh family…
Cut and Blow dry from Chapter One Hair Spa – B McCathie
Voucher for the The Paper Mill Lasswade – S Dunlop
4 Fort Douglas Dalkeith County Park Vouchers – H Smith
Voucher from Peaches Eskbank – G Whitlie
Cake voucher from Kareen Sharp Flowerbox Cake – G Chapman
£80 voucher for Three Birds Restaurant/The Educated Flea Restaurant/The Apiary Restaurant – L Tricard
2 hour clean from Broom services – S McMurchie
£20 voucher from Daisy Chain, Newtongrange – L Campbell
Bottle of Scottish Parliament Whisky – R Duncan
£30 voucher for the Justinlees Inn – H Docherty
Bottle of Anna Sui perfume – S Gracie
Morrisons (Dalkeith) chocolate hamper – D Law
Bottle of wine (1) – D Glodek
Bottle of wine (2) – C Tricard
Box of chocolates – L Begley
How Good is Dalkeith High School?
As part of the ongoing self-evaluation of our practice, we recently welcomed senior officers from Midlothian Council into Dalkeith High School to help us to answer the above question.
All schools should evaluate their practice against the Quality Indicators set out in the document ‘How Good is Our School’ produced by Education Scotland.
The report from the team highlighted many key strengths and successes including:
- Clear evidence of strong and effective leadership
- Strong commitment of school staff to continued improvement
- A very positive ethos reflected in excellent relationships between staff and young people
- Staff know the young people well and understand nature of the community context they are working in
- Effective support given to young people by staff to produce positive outcomes
- Excellent tracking, monitoring and reporting systems that allow parents/carers to support young people in their learning
- A focus on the recognition and rewarding of positive achievement
- A wide range of curriculum options that allow all young people to achieve their full potential
A few areas for further development were also identified during the visit and will be incorporated in our Improvement Plan as we move forward towards the new session.
- Further improve pace and challenge in the Broad General Education (BGE)
- Differentiation of learning to meet the needs of all learners should become consistent across the school
- A more consistent use of group work and active learning to ensure that all learners are engaging with the learning
Quality Indicator 1.3 Leadership of Change
Evaluated as being very good
Quality Indicator 2.3 Learning, teaching and assessment
Evaluated as being good with many aspects of very good practice
We are delighted with the report as it recognises the commendable practice within the school that brings benefits for all of our young people. Thank you for all that you do to support the school.
Dalkeith High School: Determined Happy Successful
Download: Pupil Voice 8 May 2017
Take a look at the useful information and links on our Careers Page here