I hope that you have enjoyed the Easter break so far. It is important that all of our pupils take a break to recharge the batteries before coming back for the start of the new term.
An announcement was made by the Scottish Government yesterday confirming that all pupils will return to in-school learning on a full-time basis on return from the Easter break. For school in Midlothian, this means a full return for all pupils on Tuesday, 20th April.
A few reminders of important messages to get us off to a good start are noted below:
- Pupils should remain in the playground until the start of period 1
- Pupils should enter the building through the door closest to their period 1 class
- Hands should be sanitised on entry to the building and into individual classrooms
- Desks/chairs will be cleaned on entry to a classroom and before leaving
- The one-way system for movement around the school will operate
- Masks should be worn by all pupils at all times unless they are eating/drinking – this includes transport
- Pupils will follow their normal timetables (re-issued prior to the start of the school holiday)
- 2m social distancing measures will not be in place
- School uniform should be worn except on days when pupils have PE on their timetables (changing rooms still not in use)
- All food and drink for the day should be brought into school – water bottles can be refilled in classrooms that have sinks
- All jotters, pencil cases, other equipment should be brought into school in a school bag
- Mobile phone ‘bag or box’ policy will apply in classrooms
I am very pleased to be in the position of being able to welcome all of our pupils back full-time. It has been a long and challenging year so far, but the full reopening of our school is a clear indication that we are moving in the right direction.
Thank you for you ongoing support.