Coaching Academy 2022
The project is a fully funded opportunity that provides a combination of sports-based activities and tailored employment support for young people that are interested in becoming a sports coach, with opportunities to; gain national governing body coaching qualifications, volunteer to gain coaching experience and possibility to gain employment as an Edinburgh Leisure sports coach. We are currently looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic, and reliable 16 – 24 years old who have a passion for sport and who would be able to commit to the project for up to 10 hours per week over an 8-week period.
Coaching Academy provides:
• Sports coaching experience in Football, Athletics, Badminton, and multi-sports
• Sports Leaders, Young Leader Award
• National governing body coaching qualifications (SFA level 1.1/ UKCC Level 1)
• Quality, structured sports coaching sessions and the opportunity to participate in sport and physical activity
• The opportunity to volunteer and gain coaching experience
• Active Start Multi Skills training
• Emergency First Aid at work
• Advice and guidance on further education and training opportunities
• Increased confidence and self-esteem
The project will be delivered between January and March 2022 at Various Edinburgh Leisure venues and online, with city-wide travel to be expect over the programme. An induction day detailing the project will take place on Tuesday 14th December, 4pm – 6pm at Meggetland Sports Complex, Meggetland Wynd, Edinburgh.
Please click the link to the Positive Destinations Referral Form for the project.
It is important that every young person who wishes to be considered for the Coaching Academy, fills in the referral form in the link, by Friday 3rd December 2021. All who register their interest will then be invited to attend the Induction Day, where they will get a full project overview, meet the Coaching Academy tutors, and take part in a discussion with the tutors on their suitability to gain a place on the project. The main aim of the project is to upskill young people to help them gain employment, with opportunities for jobs within Edinburgh leisure available at the end of the project.
Let me know if you need any further information.
Developing the Young Workforce Coordinator