Mrs N Hogg (Mon, Tue, Wed 0.66 PTC)
Mr R McGlade (Thu, Fri 0.33 PTC)
Mr S Wilson
Ms B McIntyre (NQT)
Ms A Taylor
National 3/4/5 History
Advanced Higher History
National 3/4/5 RMPS
In addition to the School Aims as described in the school handbook, the Humanities department is striving to achieve the following aims:-
- To maximise pupil achievement and attainment in Humanities by:
- developing positive pupil/teacher relationships
- developing pupils’ interest in and enjoyment of History and RMPS
- active learning embedded in every lesson
- providing a positive learning environment
- providing a visually stimulating environment through classroom displays
- To enable all pupils to obtain qualifications appropriate to their abilities and ensure that every pupil leaves school with a qualification in History and RMPS.
- To establish knowledge and skills useful out with the school environment and applicable to everyday life.
- To provide a secure, harmonious and effective working environment for pupils and staff.
- To support and nurture the development of the pupils and staff within the department.
- To form positive and mutually supportive working relationships with other colleagues.