Ms N Riddell (Mon, Tue, Wed 0.66 CL)
Mr R McGlade (Thu, Fri 0.33 CL)
Mr D Holligan
Mr S Wilson
Click here to see our ‘Top Achievers’ 2017/18
follow us @DalkeithHistory
Click here to see more about our History Club
– Britain: At War and Peace, 1938-1957
– Migration and Empire, 1830-1939
– Britain, 1851-1951
– USA, 1918-1968
– Era of the Great War, 1914-1928
– The Atlantic Slave Trade, 1778-1807
– Hitler and Nazi Germany, 1919-1939
– Scottish Wars of Independence
– Historic Edinburgh
– The Jacobites 1688-1746
– World War One
– The Cold War and the 1960’s
– Scotland’s Industrial Past
Higher Classics Courses:
– Life in Classical Greece
– Classical Literature
– Life in the Roman World
In addition to the School Aims as described in the school handbook, the Humanities department is striving to achieve the following aims:-
- To maximise pupil achievement and attainment in Humanities by:
- developing positive pupil/teacher relationships
- developing pupils’ interest in and enjoyment of History and RMPS
- active learning embedded in every lesson
- providing a positive learning environment
- providing a visually stimulating environment through classroom displays
- To enable all pupils to obtain qualifications appropriate to their abilities and ensure that every pupil leaves school with a qualification in History and RMPS.
- To establish knowledge and skills useful out with the school environment and applicable to everyday life.
- To provide a secure, harmonious and effective working environment for pupils and staff.
- To support and nurture the development of the pupils and staff within the department.
- To form positive and mutually supportive working relationships with other colleagues.