Mrs L. Stewart-Young (CL)
Mr C. Craig (Biology)
Mrs C. Kellagher (Biology)
Ms K Maitland (Biology)
Mrs E Davidson (Biology & Chemistry)
Ms K. Mackay (Chemistry)
Ms E Barker Chemistry)
Mr T. Andreou (Physics)
Mr J Moncreiff (Physics)
Mr D. Greenhill (Science Technician)
Biology – National 3 to Advanced Higher
Physics – National 3 to Advanced Higher
Chemistry – National 3 to Advanced Higher
Environmental Science – National 3 to National 4
Laboratory Skills – National 5
Pupils at Dalkeith High School have the opportunity to progress their learning in Biology, Chemistry and Physics through the CfE Science course delivered to pupils in S1 and S2. Pupils continue through the Broad General Education into S3, however have the opportunity to study two from Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Environmental Science, this allowing a greater degree of personalisation in their learning. Pupils also have the opportunity to specialise in their chosen Science in the Senior Phase (S4 – S6) with courses on offer up to Advanced Higher Level as well as the introduction of the Laboratory Skills course (new for session 2017/18) allowing pupils to further develop skills to prepare them for the future.
The Science Faculty aims:
- To develop understanding, enjoyment and curiosity within Science.
- To ensure that all pupils reach their maximum potential in Science.
- To ensure pupils are prepared for employment or further study both within or out with Science.
- To develop pupils understanding of the world in which they live and the relevance of Science.
- To develop skills in pupils for use in learning, life and in the world of work.
To ensure that pupils feel safe and included in the department through positive working relationships and an ethos in line with that of the school #DeterminedHappySuccessful.